Does this situation sound familiar? You and your family are about to plug in the Christmas tree, and as you have the tree all decorated and you begin to light it up, an appliance or light shuts off simultaneously. This common issue, often known as “blowing a fuse,” happens when a circuit breaker is overloaded. Though it’s often a quick flick of a circuit breaker switch to get everything back to normal, the safest course of action is to ensure an overload doesn’t keep occurring.
California residents are no stranger to wildfires. Even if your home hasn’t suffered direct damage as a result of the blaze, there is still a strong chance that the lingering smoke, ash, soot, and dust blanketing the area is placing an additional burden on your heating and cooling equipment.